So if we are not resistant to change, how come we think we are? This is because most people don't like disruption in their life.
We are willing to change if:
- the change is improving our situation in some way or another, e.g. making our lifes easier (I want to change)
- not changing will take us to the end of the queue (e.g. not having a smartphone lowers our status) (I need to change ... to avoid disrupting my current situation)
- we know what to change (vision)
- we know how to change (I can change)
- we are convinced that the change will happen without disruption of our level of security and comfort (it's safe to change)
- we see a result of the change within a reasonable timeframe (minimum time of disruption)
To keep the change, make it hard to fall back. Once we have migrated our addresses, emails, music, photos and all our apps to our new smartphone, it's hard to go back to the old phone without loosing something.
Learn more about change? Join us at one of our free ONLINE seminars.